Sunday, November 25, 2012

Seven Days of Salad

After my overindulgences in last week in Sydney - I'm looking at you breakfast buffet, and when I got home - hello Macarons, I needed some vegetables in my life. With the warm weather we have been having, I decided the best way to get my veggies in was in salad form. So I set myself a challenge to eat at least one salad every day for seven days. I'm not sure I should really call it a challenge as it wasn't difficult, it was bloody delicious. 

Sunday:
Dinner: Mexican Salad

Monday:
I forgot to photograph
But it was the same as.....

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Fruit Salad, Lunch: Mexican Salad

Wednesday:
As above

Thursday:
Breakfast: Fruit Salad, Lunch: Noodle Salad

Friday:
Breakfast: Not Salad!, Lunch: Pesto Pasta Salad

Saturday:
Lunch: Sweet Potato Salad (not great, if I'm honest)

Most nights I had these salads for dinner too.


So, what was in these bloody delicious salads?

Fruit Salad
Pineapple
Granny Smith Apple
Kiwifruit
Strawberries
Blueberries

Mexican Salad
Sweet Potato baked with Garlic Olive Oil, Cumin, Chilli & Smoked Paprika
Black Rice
Corn
Chick Peas
Capsicum
Cherry Tomatoes
And the ingredient that made it - Jalapeños

Noodle Salad

Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Teriyaki Tofu
Snow Peas
Red Chilli
Bean Sprouts
Red Capsicum
Green Capsicum
Carrot
Dressing - Lime Juice, Natural Peanut Butter, Tamari, Sesame Oil, Water to thin it out

Pesto Pasta Salad

Gluten Free Macaroni
Spinach
Rocket
Cherry Tomatoes
Zucchini
Green Capsicum
Red Capsicum
Feta
Dressing: Homemade Pesto - Basil, Garlic Olive Oil, Pinenuts, with Lemon Juice


I haven't put amounts on the ingredients, use as little or as much as you want.

Enjoy :)


1 comment: